THIS PROGRAMME IS NOW CLOSED TO APPLICATIONS.
Welcome to the Essex Rivers Local Action Group (LAG) which is managed by a small team based at Rural Community Council of Essex (RCCE). Essex Rivers LAG has secured £1.8 million of funding to deliver the LEADER programme which is aimed at farmers, small businesses and community organisations based in rural areas. The LEADER scheme is part of the Rural Development Programme for England and is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
The priorities in Essex Rivers are, broadly, to help create jobs, help businesses to grow and benefit the rural economy and increase profitability. Essex Rivers is a defined area and includes parts of Braintree, Brentwood, Chelmsford, Colchester, Maldon and Rochford. Our specific priorities are:
- to grow rural small and micro businesses to increase employment;
- to develop the rural tourism offer;
- to develop the market for added value local food and drink
- to build on the area’s high quality and diverse nature assets to promote visitor spend in the economy; and
- to develop a clear identity for the rural assets of the area to attract visitors and investment.
We are open to accept Expressions of Interest and would be delighted to discuss your project with you. If you are interested in finding out more, please download the applicant handbook to read more about the programme. If you feel that your organisation and project might be eligible or if you have any questions, please call the Programme Manager, Beverly Davies, on 01376 574339.